Google will soon Launch Updated Doorway Pages Penalty Algorithm
Google announced, in a post on its Webmaster Central Blog, has reveled that it will soon launch a ranking adjustment to search results to better address sites that “maximize their search footprint without adding clear, unique value.”
What Are Doorway Pages?
Doorways are sites or pages created to rank highly for specific search queries. Doorway pages are created to do well for particular phrases. They are also known as portal pages, jump pages, gateway pages, entry pages, and by other names as well. Doorway pages are easy to identify in that they have been designed primarily for search engines, not for human beings.
To help webmasters better understand Google guidelines, They added clarifying examples and freshened definition of doorway pages in his Quality Guidelines.
Google’s Brian White said:
Over time, we’ve seen sites try to maximize their “search footprint” without adding clear, unique value. These doorway campaigns manifest themselves as pages on a site, as a number of domains, or a combination thereof. To improve the quality of search results for our users, we’ll soon launch a ranking adjustment to better address these types of pages. Sites with large and well-established doorway campaigns might see a broad impact from this change.
Google gives some Quality Guidelines where you can classified as a “doorway page or not” Google said asked yourself these questions:
- Is the purpose to optimize for search engines and funnel visitors into the actual usable or relevant portion of your site, or are they an integral part of your site’s user experience?
- Are the pages intended to rank on generic terms yet the content presented on the page is very specific?
- Do the pages duplicate useful aggregations of items (locations, products, etc.) that already exist on the site for the purpose of capturing more search traffic?
- Are these pages made solely for drawing affiliate traffic and sending users along without creating unique value in content or functionality?
- Do these pages exist as an “island?” Are they difficult or impossible to navigate to from other parts of your site? Are links to such pages from other pages within the site or network of sites created just for search engines?
Latest posts by Shiv (see all)
- Understand 3 Myths and Be Safer Side for Drastic Business Loss in SEO Said Dave Davies - May 10, 2017
- 7 Common Mistakes That Web Developers Make - May 2, 2017
- 7 Elements Of Good Graphic Designing - May 1, 2017
- Any Newbie in Google Adwords must Consider Some Major Practices - October 3, 2016